The What Should We Do Today? Columbus Tip Sheet serves to inspire you to try something new, explore Columbus and keep on top of what’s happening around town this month!
I love hearing suggestions from my readers because it always turns up new places we need to visit! I’m going to be sharing these Reader Favorites once a month! Click on the links to find out more about each place. Want to share three places you love to take your kids in (and around) Columbus? Click here to submit your favorites!
1. You can get a $2 discount to the Chinese Lantern Festival on Mondays by bringing a donation of a canned food donation. Additionally, admission for college students is $12 on Thursdays and regular admission for active and veteran military members and senior citizens is $12 with ID. See info here: www.ohiolanternfestival.com
2. State Auto’s Christmas Corner will have it’s official lighting on Tuesday, December 5 at 5:30 PM and Columbus Children’s Choir will perform!
3. Paw Patrol Live is coming to Ohio Theatre December 28-30, 2017!
4. Each Saturday in December you can watch Regal Holiday Classics for $5/ticket at Regal Georgesville Square. Movies featured are: 12/2: A Christmas Story, 12/9: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, 12/16: Elf, and 12/23: Gremlins. Regal Crown Club members can also get a $5 medium popcorn and soft drink combo.
5. Gateway Film Center offers a full month of Holiday Film Classics with your choice of Naughty or Nice! The movies selections range from classic to modern to horror and also include a special holiday edition of Saturday Morning Cartoons on Saturday, December 9, 2017. See the full list of movies and dates here!
6. During the month of December you can go on the 12 Elves of Dublin scavenger hunt. Pick up your 12 elves card and hunt for an elf in each of the participating locations – at each stop you will receive a treat for finding it!
7. This December, the YMCA Family Center is raising money during the Give Her Hope Campaign to help families in Central Ohio who are experiencing homelessness. Your donation provides blankets, care packages,and more. For a donation of $10 or more, you can receive a Bracelet of Hope as a reminder of the difference you have made! See all of the details here.
CBUS Blogger Buzz
Want to keep up on what other Columbus bloggers are up to? Here are some must-read posts from our local bloggers:
Shannon from My Life in the Blink shared her Pumpkin Pie Truffle Recipe which contains many of my favorite ingredients all rolled up into one recipe! I can’t wait to try it!
Lindsay shares On Motherhood, Self-Care and Inclusion and how she created her class Squats and Tots, which allows you to exercise WITH your kids! Classes are going on now!
I recently started a 12-week strength training program with Kathleen from Just Keep it Simple Fitness. She’s kicking my butt, but I still love her. She shared How to Keep the Holidays Healthy But Still Fun!
Make sure to follow What Should We Do Today? on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram and never miss a post!
*Please be aware, information is gathered from multiple community sources. Times, dates and locations are subject to change. There may be a fee to participate in a featured activity. Please call ahead or check links to confirm activities. Enjoy what you do today!*