Summer is the best time to get out and explore lots of fun things with the kids! Luckily for us, Columbus is full of lots of FREE things to do this summer! If you need some inspiration, here are 35 things you can do for free around town!
1. Climb aboard the train at Homestead Metro Park.
2. Check out a farmer’s market. See this list from Columbus Moms Blog, listed by day of the week!
3. Watch an outdoor movie. See this list from 614 Mom.
4. Have fun at KidX at Polaris Fashion Place.
5. Play at Commons for Kids every Friday.
6. Climb into the treehouse at Inniswood Metro Park.
7. Win prizes in a Summer Reading Club. Register at your local library or take advantage of one of these national programs listed by Mission to Save.
8. Try out one of Columbus’ many festivals. Check out the list from Columbus Underground.
10. Follow the path of the Dublin Irish Fairy Door Trail.
11. Get wet at a local Splash Pad.
12. Explore Goodale Park’s new playground
13. Have Fun at the Frog Fountain at Easton.
14. Ride a pony at the Powell Street Market.
15. Visit a Little Free Library to borrow or donate books.
16. Attend one of the Cap City Nights Festivals.
17. Learn about nature at one of the Preschool Programs at Columbus and Franklin County Metro Parks.
18. Enjoy some music at Polaris Live.
19. Hear a story or two at the Storytime at Chic Fil A on Sawmill.
20. Take advantage of free concerts. Check out this list from Eat Play Cbus.
22. Get artistic at Arts in Uptown.
23. Shop and play at Tanger Outlet’s Play Area.
24. Explore the new Blendon Woods Natural Play Area.
25. Watch planes land and take off at OSU Airport.
26. Watch a movie and have fun at Bexley Main Event.
27. Get cultured at Pizzuti Family Days.
28. Stop to smell the roses at Columbus Park of Roses.
29. Explore Columbus Museum of Art for free on Sundays.
30. Explore an ancient burial mound, Shrum Mound.
31. Take a ride on the CBUS.
32. Explore the Ice Age at Preservation Parks of Delaware County.
33. Beat the heat with a free indoor play area.
34. Enjoy music, activities and movies at Hoot Film Series.
35. Do a craft, hear a story and listen to jazz music at PBJ & Jazz.
Feel free to share what kind of free activities your family likes to do around Columbus in the comments!