The What Should We Do Today? Columbus Tip Sheet serves to inspire you to try something new, explore Columbus and keep on top of what’s happening around town this month!
I love hearing suggestions from my readers because it always turns up new places we need to visit! I’m going to be sharing these Reader Favorites once a month! Click on the links to find out more about each place. Want to share three places you love to take your kids in (and around) Columbus? Click here to submit your favorites!
1. Rita’s Italian Ice on Henderson Rd. has been remodeled and will now be open during the WINTER! Yay!
2. Empty Bowls is a collaboration between Columbus Recreation and Parks and Mid-Ohio Foodbank where volunteers make handmade bowls and you buy them full of soup for a $10 donation. Your donation provides $100 worth of food and groceries through Mid-Ohio Foodbank, and you get a handmade bowl to keep! Find a location here to lunch for a cause between November 1st and December 2nd!
3. Story Time on the Farm happens on the second Tuesday of the month (November 10, 2017) at Stratford Ecological Center and includes a story time and a hands-on farm experience. Cost is $5/family.
4. The Wonder Room at Columbus Museum of Art has been remodeled and offers new hands on experiences for kids like weaving and fashion design and is full of newly commissioned artwork!
5. Toddler Theater at The Dublin Community Recreation Center happens this month on November 16th at 10:00 AM. Drop in for $2/kid to sing songs with Miss Marlene about Thanksgiving and food and to dance with Clifford the Big Red Dog!
6. If you’re looking for a way to exercise with your littlest ones, Squats and Tots is an exercise class designed with you in mind! Join in at The Jewish Community Center on Tuesdays at 9:30 AM or the 10:30 AM class at Piccadilly on Saturdays in November and December!
7. The American Museum of Natural History Dinosaur Gallery opens to the public at COSI on November 18, 2017! This is a permanent exhibit! If you’re a member, you can sign up at the link for special preview dates!
Got a good tip? Email me here!
CBUS Blogger Buzz
Want to keep up on what other Columbus bloggers are up to? Here are some must-read posts from our local bloggers:
1. I have been making these Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins from Courtney at NeighborFood on the regular and you should too! (P.S. we substitute chocolate chips for the blueberries! 😉 )
2. If you love to travel and want to take your kids along, you’ll find inspiration from Malini at Lakes and Lattes! Read Dreaming Big Dreams – A 5 Year Old’s Travel Wish List to see what trips her daughter is dreaming about!
3. Eryn shares her favorite Columbus date night spots in Our Top 10 List for Date Night | Date Your Spouse | Columbus, OH from 614 Mom!
Make sure to follow What Should We Do Today? on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram and never miss a post!
*Please be aware, information is gathered from multiple community sources. Times, dates and locations are subject to change. There may be a fee to participate in a featured activity. Please call ahead or check links to confirm activities. Enjoy what you do today!*