Looking for things to do in Columbus around Thanksgiving? If you have family in town and/or a few days off of work and are looking for something to do, check out this list of events and things to do around Thanksgiving in Columbus!
51 Things to do Thanksgiving Week in Columbus:
If there’s a chance you’ll need to walk off an extra piece of pie (or two) or get bickering family members out of the house….tuck this list away! And have a happy week of thankfulness!
2. Clifton Mill Lights opens the day after Thanksgiving! Gates open at 5:00 every night and the display runs through New Year’s Eve!
4. Olde Worthington Holiday Open House is on Sunday from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM and it includes horse drawn carriage rides, live music and a visit from Santa! The evening ends with the tree lighting ceremony on the Village Green!
5. Everyone who enters the Columbus Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day gets a pumpkin pie! There’s also a Kids Tot Trot 100 yard dash!
7. If you’re looking to partake of something other than the usual turkey and pumpkin pie, Columbus Food Adventures has several tours going on this weekend!
9. Need something for the kids to do on Wednesday? Check out the Harvest Party – School Break Program at Sunbury Urban Farm. It’s a drop off program where kids can participate in Thanksgiving activities! Must preregister!
10. Take the kids to SuperGames Winter Open Play! on Wednesday from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM. Arrive early because the play space is first come, first served! Cost is $10 for the first child and $8 for each additional child.
11. Friday through Sunday you can take a Holiday Carriage Ride at Easton Town Center!
14. On Sunday, kids and adults alike can participate in the Make & Take Metal Stamping Event at The Smithery from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM. Check the link for pricing options. No registration needed.
15. Another option for the kids that are out of school on Wednesday is the Open Swim at Worthington Pools! $5 to enter.
16. Get out of the house for a CBus: Thanksgiving Eve Back to the Future Trivia Night on Wednesday at 16 Bit Bar + Arcade! Winner gets a ride in the Delorean – among other things!
17. Get your shopping done kid-free after dropping the kids at Parents Day Out at Worthington Pools on Friday from 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM!
18. When the Thanksgiving leftovers run out, head to Piada for Friendsgiving! Show the cashier that you follow Piada on Instagram and get a buy-one-get-one free entree from November 24-28!
19. Roller skate all week with these special deals at United Skates of America happening Wednesday through Sunday!
20. Visit the holiday lights at Columbus Commons from dusk to 11:00 PM each night and post a photo on Instagram using #CCHolidayLights or post the pic to their Facebook page using the hashtag to enter their photo contest. One winner each week wins a $25 gift card to Condado
21. Take a free tour at Anthony-Thomas Candy Company on Wednesday from from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM! (Regularly $2/person.)
22. See the amazing lanterns, watch cultural performances, shop and eat Chinese and traditional fair food at the Ohio Lantern Festival! Nightly from 5:30 PM – 10:00 PM.
23. Family Friday Night at COSI is this weekend – meaning they will stay open until 9:00 PM and admission is reduced!
24. Make a Gingerbread House Craft at Franklin Park Conservatory on Friday! This activity includes a hayride!
25. Friday, attend Thanksgiving Family Friday at Ohio History Center where you can visit with live animals such as an owl, wolf and snake and dissect an owl pellet! Also on Saturday and Sunday there are special activities like the Terrific Turkey Table and exploring Animal Bones!
28. Mr. Scrooge starts on Friday at Columbus Children’s Theater! This 60 minute performance is recommended for ages 5 and up!
29. The Central Ohio Youth Ballet puts on Nutcracker this weekend only in Newark!
30. A Christmas Carol is playing this weekend only at Ohio Theatre!
34. Shop Small Business Saturday at Never Grow Up Boutique in Grove City!
35. Small Business Saturday at Columbus Idea Foundry means a Maker Market from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM offering locally made goods like art, furniture, jewelry and more!
37. Visit the Small Business Saturday Market at Re:work Furnishings to shop for local goods from vendors like Plantropothy, Ridiculously Good Salsa, Pluma Jewelry and more! Pizza, beer and plenty of discounts will be available too!
38. More local shopping is available at Shop Local Saturday with the Marysville Art League!
40. Historic Dublin is ready for the Holiday Shopping Weekend!
41. The Christmas Market at Canal Market District takes place on Friday and will feature music, food trucks, holiday treats, free family photos, the lighting of the Licking County Courthouse and a visit from Santa!
42. On Small Business Saturday in Downtown Lancaster, there are tons of special deals going on from free goodies and gifts, prizes, demonstrations and discounts!
43. At the Holiday Open House at Hoover Gardens & Gift Center on Saturday and Sunday, you can pick out your Christmas tree while you enjoy refreshments and a festive atmosphere!
45. Shop for the trendiest kids clothing at the mrly popup shop at the Hart Room at Creekside Gahanna! There will be complimentary holiday treats and kids are welcome!
If taking a road trip sounds like a fun way to spend your extra days off this week, here are some special events going on around Ohio!
46. Thanksgiving at the Zoo is FREE at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo!
47. Head to Newark for Holiday Homecoming 2017 at The Works: Ohio Center for History, Art & Technology on Friday to learn about the heritage of the community! The event includes 3D ornament printing, a science show, glass blowing and more!
48. Santa will arrive at Brickopolis on Friday at the Cincinnati Museum Center with live music and a tree lighting! Visit Holiday Junction to see model trains, LEGO displays and a ride on train!
49. Christmas at the Castle, a Kingdom of Lights! at Landoll’s Mohican Castle features over 100,000 lights, a Christmas tree, holiday music and visits from Santa! This is a free event! This event happens every night starting Friday!
51. The Mt. Vernon Christmas Parade and Walk is on Sunday and includes train and carousel rides, photos with Santa and shopping!
Make sure to follow What Should We Do Today? on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram and never miss a post!
*Please be aware, information is gathered from multiple community sources. Times, dates and locations are subject to change. There may be a fee to participate in a featured activity. Please call ahead or check links to confirm activities. Enjoy what you do today!*