*The information in this post is for 2016. CHECK BACK SOON! It will be updated for 2017 by November, 21, 2017!*
Thanksgiving week is here! What are your plans for the holiday? Maybe you have family in town and/or a few days off of work and are looking for something to do this week? I’ve got you covered! I will not be doing a What Should We Do This Weekend? post this week, as we will be traveling and spending time with family – but this list will give you a bunch of ideas to carry you through! So if there’s a chance you’ll need to walk off an extra piece of pie (or two) or get bickering family members out of the house….tuck this list away! And have a happy week of thankfulness!
1. Everyone who enters the Columbus Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day gets a pumpkin pie from Whole Foods! There’s also a Kids Tot Trot 100 yard dash!
-2. Brick of Dreams is having a special $5/hour play day on Friday only! (Cost is normally $7)
3. Looking for more turkey? Watch the PBS movie, My Life as a Turkey, at Battelle Darby Metro Park on Friday at 11:00 PM.
4. On Friday, The Works puts on Holiday Homecoming featuring lots of family fun!
5. Family Friday Night at COSI is this weekend – meaning they will stay open until 9:00 PM and admission is reduced!
6. Clifton Mill Lights opens the day after Thanksgiving! Gates open at 5:00 every night and the display runs through New Year’s Eve!
7. Don’t forget (as if you could!) about the OSU/Michigan game taking place at noon on Saturday! Take the family to a Skull Session at St. John Area!
-8. Got extra calories to burn by the end of the week? The whole family can Learn about Owls during a 1.5 mile walk at Blendon Woods Metro Park on Sunday at 5:00 PM.
9. Olde Worthington Holiday Open House is on Sunday from 12:00 PM – 5:30 PM and ends with the tree lighting ceremony on the Village Green!
10.Huntington Holiday Train is now on display at Main Library!
11. If you’re looking to partake of something other than the usual turkey and pumpkin pie, Columbus Food Adventures has several tours going on this weekend!
12. Wildlights is in full swing all weekend at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium!
13. Gingerbread Friday takes place at Franklin Park Conservatory and includes a hayride and the opportunity to make a gingerbread house! On Friday and Saturday, the Conservatory is also open until 9:00 PM for Merry and Bright!
14. Saturday, attend Terrific Turkey Table at Ohio History Center where you can learn about turkeys and do a turkey craft from 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM, then stick around for the LEGO Building Contest from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM!
15. Think Outside the Brick is now on display at Columbus Museum of Art! This LEGO set up shouldn’t be missed and would make a great weekend outing! Don’t forget the museum is free on Sundays!
16. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever starts on Friday at Columbus Children’s Theater! This 60 minute performance is recommended for ages 5 and up!
17. The Central Ohio Youth Ballet puts on Nutcracker this weekend only in Newark!
18. A Christmas Carol is playing this weekend only at Palace Theatre!
19. Cinderella is playing this weekend only at Ohio Theatre!
20. Uptown Scrooge is a unique walking tour performance taking place this weekend in Uptown Westerville! The production is 90 minutes and is suitable for ages 5 and up!
21. Moonlight Madness and After Thanksgiving Sale takes place at Tanger Outlets Columbus!
22. Christmas Trees will be on sale at the North Market on Saturday!
23. On Small Business Saturday, Never Grow Up Boutique in Grove City will be offering promotions, giveaways and snacks!
24. Shop at the natural family store, Sprout Soup, on Small Business Saturday for their special prices – one day only!
25. Small Business Saturday at Columbus Idea Foundry means an artisan market, tours, snacks, apple cider and even the OSU/Michigan game on TV!
Make sure to follow What Should We Do Today? on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram and never miss a post!
ICYMI: MEGA Train List for Central Ohio and Beyond (MORE new items have been added this week!)
*Please be aware, information is gathered from multiple community sources. Times, dates and locations are subject to change. There may be a fee to participate in a featured activity. Please call ahead or check links to confirm activities. Enjoy what you do today!*