Try out one of these Columbus-based activities at home this weekend!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure.
Every week this is what I do. I tell you what you can go out and do, what events are happening in Columbus. Pretty much the whole basis of blog is currently off limits! Not to fear. I’m still here for you. Each week I am going to be featuring some resources you can use to entertain the kids at home!
This is NOT my area of expertise, so it’s great that we have so many local people and organizations who can inspire us with their creative ideas and educational resources! This list is specifically focused on Columbus based resources!
10 Things to do at Home with the Kids this Weekend:
1. Download books, movies, educational activities and more with your Central Ohio library card.
2. Try out one of these awesome crafts for kids from Columbus based blog, Fireflies and Mudpies!
- Order Melissa’s book Sticks and Stones: A Kid’s Guide to Building and Exploring in the Great Outdoors.
3. Learn history at home with videos and lessons provided by Ohio History Center!
- Read more about Ohio History Center.
4. Make these oatmeal muffins from Columbus blogger NeighborFood. (They’re a go-to for our household!)
5. Try out one of these fun and easy at home activities from EatPlayCbus.
6. Watch this video from Molly the paleontologist from Orton Geological Museum!
- Read more about the Orton Geological Museum
7. Watch a fun and educational video from Highlights for Kids, based in Columbus, Ohio!
8. Listen to a story and songs from Captain of the Shazzbots!
- Download or buy their album Lightspeed to enjoy at home!
9. Have a virtual playdate with a princess featuring Paulette’s Princess Parties!
10. Watch an online science lesson from COSI!
In case you missed it, click the picture below for more online activities!
Share this post with your friends!