Looking for things to do in Columbus around Thanksgiving? If you have family in town and/or a few days off of work and are looking for something to do, check out this list of 93 events and things to do Thanksgiving week in Columbus!
93 Things to do Thanksgiving Week in Columbus:
If there’s a chance you’ll need to walk (or skate) off an extra piece of pie (or two) or get bickering family members out of the house….tuck this list away! And have a happy week of thankfulness! (As always, please double check the link for exact details, dates and times!) There will not be an additional What Should We Do This Weekend? post this week. This is the list! 🙂
Things to Do Any Time Thanksgiving Week:
1. Conservatory Aglow is happening at Franklin Park Conservatory! While you’re there, check out the Gingerbread Competition.
3. Visit LEGOLAND Columbus Discovery Center at Easton Town Center. LEGOLAND is open 365 days a year. Thanksgiving Hours are 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM and the last admission is at 3:00 PM.
4. Drive through WonderLight’s Christmas in Ohio in Hebron, Ohio to see over 1 million synchronized LED lights! Open every night from 5:30 PM – 10:00 PM.
5. Christmas at the Castle, a Kingdom of Lights! at Landoll’s Mohican Castle features over 100,000 lights, a Christmas tree, holiday music and visits from Santa! This event will be $8.00 per car on Friday & Saturday nights, free Sunday-Thursday nights.
6. Drive through Butch Bando’s Fantasy of Lights, a holiday light display at Alum Creek Park Campground any night through January 1st, 5:30 PM – 9:30, until 10:30 on Friday and Saturday.
7. Take a road trip to visit the PNC Festival of Lights at Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
8. Drop a letter in Santa’s Mailbox in Pickerington beginning Wednesday.
9. Check out the Thanksgiving Weekend special at Ten Pin Alley. Each day beginning Wednesday and running through Sunday there are different deals including $3 laser tag, half off arcade games, kids eat free and more! (Check the link for each day’s deals.)
10. For many people this is the week to get their Christmas Tree! Pick a farm or tree lot from this list of Christmas Tree Farms in Columbus and Beyond!
11. Friday through Sunday you can take a Holiday Carriage Ride at Easton Town Center!
12. Sign up for a Family Gingerbread House Decorating class at Young Chefs Academy of Gahanna.
13, Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol is playing this Friday, Saturday and Sunday only at Ohio Theatre!
15. Clifton Mill Lights opens the day after Thanksgiving! Gates open at 5:00 every night and the display runs through New Year’s Eve!
17. Drive through the Fairfield County Festival of Lights at the Fairfield County Fairgrounds. This light display goes on opens Thanksgiving Day and runs through Christmas Day!
18. Winterfest opens at Kings Island on November 22 and operates select nights through December 31. . It includes ice skating, holiday characters, millions of lights, holiday shows, carolers, and the park will included 10 winter wonderlands to visit.
19. Take photos with Santa at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing. Check the link for times.
20. Take photos with Santa at Easton Town Center. Check the link for times.
21. Take photos with Santa at Polaris Fashion Place. Check the link for times.
22. Drop a letter to Santa in Grandview Heights and get a letter back!
23. Visit Bubbles the Elf at Grandview Heights Public Library for a free activity each day!
24. Play with Purpose at Tree of Life Play + Cafe: bring in a donation of new hats, gloves or scarves for the Good Tidings Winter Wear store at SON Ministries through December 6 and get 50% off regular priced admission to Tree of Life Play + Cafe.
A BIG thank you to WonderLight’s Christmas in Ohio for sponsoring this post!
Santa’s not the only one coming to town!! “WonderLight’s Christmas in Ohio”, a drive-through Christmas light show, will be coming to National Trail Raceway in Hebron this holiday season!
This family-friendly event will feature a 2-mile car ride through more than a million LED lights, all synchronized to music! Giant Christmas trees, floating snowflakes, shooting stars, dancing candy canes, and (a favorite of children of all ages) three enchanting tunnels of light will illuminate the night! Guests will be able to watch the lights dance around them to traditional and newer, rocking Christmas music from the warmth of their own vehicle.
This dazzling Christmas display will be offered rain or shine every evening, including holidays, from November 15 to January 5! The cost of admission is affordable at $7 per person and children 3 years old and under are FREE! You can also purchase a “Carload Pass” for vehicles with up to seven passengers for just $30!
Learn more at www.christmasinohio.com!
Monday, November 25, 2019:
25. Play with Purpose at Tree of Life Play + Cafe!
26. Attend a Turkey Handprint Play Date at The Shops at Worthington Place.
27. Spend a Messy Monday Afternoon at We Rock the Spectrum – Columbus.
28. Do Thanksgiving Crafts at Highbanks Metro Park.
29. Attend a second Turkey Handprint Play Date at The Shops at Worthington Place.
Tuesday, November 26, 2019:
30. Go to Farm & Forest School at Sunbury Urban Farm.
31. Celebrate Taco Tuesday at The Kitchen!
32. Watch Elf (Free Screening) at Jeanne B. McCoy Community Center for the Arts.
33. Play Family Fun and Games at Homestead Metro Park.
Wednesday, November 27, 2019:
34. Go to Farm & Forest School at Sunbury Urban Farm.
35. Skate and Bounce at Skate Zone 71.
36. Play Family Fun and Games at Homestead Metro Park.
37. Take advantage of Cheap Skate Wednesdays at United Skates of America – Refugee Rd.
38. Make Cedar Wood Creations at Creative Art Bar Hilliard.
39. Thanksgiving Eve Glow Skate at Skate Zone 71.
40. Leave the kids at home for Thanksgiving Adult Skates at Skate Zone 71.
Thursday, November 28, 2019, THANKSGIVING DAY:
Happy Thanksgiving! Lots of chances to burn off that extra piece of pie (not that you need to …..)
41. Run the Chase Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot in Upper Arlington – use the code “esff” for $6 off your registration!
42. Turkey Trot! in Blendon Woods Metro Park.
- Related: Exploring Blendon Woods Metro Park
43. Another chance for Thanksgiving Adult Skates at Skate Zone 71.
44. Family Thanksgiving Skate at United Skates of America – Refugee Rd.
Friday, November 29, 2019:
Black Friday doesn’t have to mean shopping! Check out these fun things to do!
45. Visit Christmas at the Market at Lynd Fruit Farm.
46. Take a Black Friday Hike at Clear Creek Metro Park (this one is a bit intense).
47. Run around at Toddler Open Gym at Thompson Recreation Center.
48. Go Black Friday Rollerskating at Skate Zone 71.
49. Drop off the kids for Kids Sew, Parents Go! at The Sewing Hive!
50. Opt Outside: Hike at Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park
51. More Black Friday Rollerskating at Skate Zone 71.
52. Attend Toddler Time with Fine Motor Friday at We Rock the Spectrum – Columbus.
53. Enjoy Indoor Amusements at Slate Run Metro Park and Living Historical Farm!
54. Find your tree at the Annual Christmas Tree Sale at Saint Mary School German Village.
55. Black Friday Rollerskating again at Skate Zone 71.
56. Check out the Dazzling Christmas Lights First Night in Westerville.
58. Pizza Skate with the Trolls at Skate Zone 71.
59. Watch the Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins at Nationwide Arena.
60. See the 2nd Annual LDP Lighting Event! at Lucy Depp Park, a drive through light experience!
61. Tired of turkey? How about Friday Nights Unlimited Pizza Skate at Skate Zone 71?
62. Have Hot Cocoa with Queen Elsa! at Susie’s Bistro & Bakery.
- Related: 5 on Friday: Columbus Bakeries
Saturday, November 30, 2019:
63. Take a Fall Bird Walk at Deer Haven Park.
62. Shop Small Business Saturday in Grove City
63. Santa is Coming to Sunny Street Cafe!
64. Run the Columbus Hungry Turkey 5k/10k in Genoa Park.
65. Shop Small Business Saturday at Gramercy Books!
66. Take part in Moonlight Madness at Tanger Outlets.
67. Attend a Sensory Friendly Storytime at Barnes & Noble – Easton.
68. Check out the Annual Christmas Tree Sale at Saint Mary School German Village.
69. Attend Christmas at the Market at Lynd Fruit Farm.
70. Shop Small Business Saturday with Natterdoodle!
71. Attend a Saturday Storytime at Barnes & Noble – Dublin.
72. Get Free MEALS for KIDS! at Hilltop YMCA.
73. Shop the Holiday Bazaar at Vertical Adventures.
74. Do Gingerbread House Decorating with Mrs. Turbo’s Cookies.
75. Enjoy Indoor Amusements at Slate Run Metro Park and Living Historical Farm
76. Take part in Family Turkey Talk at Blendon Woods Metro Park
77. Watch Ohio Roller Derby’s Halloween vs. Christmas game: The Skatemare Before Christmas in the Lausche Building!
78. Head south for the Ashville Christmas Parade!
Sunday, December 1, 2019:
79. Take the kids to Toddler Time! at Get Air Pickerington.
80. Relax with Kids Yoga & Storytime – GoYoga + Cover to Cover at Cover to Cover Books for Young Readers
81. Another chance for the Annual Christmas Tree Sale at Saint Mary School German Village.
82. Celebrate Christmas in the Gardens at Hoover Gardens & Gift Center.
83. Shop Christmas at the Market at Lynd Fruit Farm.
84. Shop Moonlight Madness at Tanger Outlets.
85. Attend the Holiday Bazaar & Tree Lighting in the Short North Arts District.
- Related: Saturday Morning in the Short North
86. Create Holiday Stack-ables at Creative Art Bar Hilliard.
87. Visit the 10th-Annual HolidayVille in Clintonville.
88. Shop the Holiday Artisan Market at 3060 ARTWORKS.
89. Attend the Holiday Open House in Old Worthington!
90. Send Letters to Santa in Hilliard!
91. Visit Seldom Seen Glaciers in Battelle Darby Metro Park (ages 13 and up!).
92. Attend a Disney Junior Holiday Party! at the Palace Theatre.
93. Watch the Hilliard Tree Lighting in Hilliard’s Station Park.
Use the share buttons to share this post with your friends!
*Please be aware, information is gathered from multiple community sources. Times, dates and locations are subject to change. There may be a fee to participate in a featured activity. Please call ahead or check links to confirm activities. Enjoy what you do today!*
Save this post on Pinterest!