Today I attended the Press Preview for the new IKEA Columbus! I LOVE IKEA! When I lived in Philadelphia, there were two of them so I have been living in a deprived state for the past 13 years! 😉 I’m so excited to have an IKEA close by! I wanted to quickly share some info about the Grand Opening Celebration and some pictures from the day! All written information here is taken from the IKEA Columbus Press Release, May 31, 2017.
The bloggers and media got served a huge spread of food and desserts – all available for purchase in the store and restaurant!
IKEA Columbus is a fun day out for the family with: • Småland, a supervised children’s play area (for children 37”-54” in height) that replicates the look of a typical Swedish farmhouse and forest; • Additional play areas throughout the store, offering activities for kids shopping with parents; • A “Children’s IKEA” area in the Showroom that also offers fun, interactive play; and • Attention-to-detail amenities such as family-friendly parking, strollers and baby care rooms.
(Kids must be potty trained: Goals for my 2 year old!) 😉
These are pictures of some of the display set up at IKEA. You can shop the look and then use the tags on each item to locate them in the warehouse section!
IKEA designers can work with you to create your customized room or you can pick it all out yourself! They will even come to your home for a consultation!
From home goods, bedding, bathrooms, furniture, pots and pans, pillows, rugs, toys, storage and organizational items, food, tables, candles, plants, to dressers and much more – it’s all here! And at prices that will make you stuff that blue IKEA bag full!
There are 26 checkout lines and more will be open during the Grand Opening Week! Ikea does not use bags, so bring your own or purchase an extra-large reusable bag for $.99 each.
You can see lots of info about the Grand Opening here!
Giveaways for the Grand Opening Week are as follows:
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
• Rest Assured – The first 44 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Columbus on June 7, 2017 will receive a free EKTORP three-seat sofa, honoring our 44th U.S. store.
• Take a Seat (And We Mean Take It!) – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Columbus on June 7, 2017 will receive a free POÄNG armchair.
• For the (Truly) Young at Heart – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Columbus on June 7, 2017 will receive a free FAMNIG heart-shaped soft toy.
• Pick a Card, Any Card – The first 2,500 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Columbus on June 7, 2017 will receive a random prize envelope with IKEA Gift Cards ranging from $10 to $250, or a “Buy One, Get One Free” cinnamon bun, hotdog or soft-serve frozen yogurt voucher.
• Happy Birthday to You and Us – The first 100 adults (18 & older) bringing proof to IKEA Columbus on June 7, 2017 their birthday is the same as the store’s will receive a gift card in the amount of $44, a tie-in corresponding to IKEA Columbus as the 44th U.S. IKEA store.
• Enter our Home, Enter to Win – From June 7 through June 11, 2017, visitors to IKEA Columbus may enter a drawing to win one of ten $1,000 IKEA Gift Cards through the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program. IKEA is matching the prizes (a total of $10,000) with a donation of home furnishings to The Homeless Families Foundation, a local organization that provides housing assistance and educational services to homeless families living in Columbus.
Thursday, June 8, 2017
• Sleep Like Royalty – The first 44 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Columbus on Thursday, June 8, 2017 will receive a free queen-sized HAUGESUND mattress.
• Cozy Comfort – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Columbus on Thursday, June 8, 2017 will receive a free ALINA “sleep set” of bedspread and cushion covers and two FJADRAR pillows.
• Kid’s Best Friend – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Columbus on June 8, 2017 will receive a free GOSIG golden dog soft toy.
Friday, June 9, 2017
• Cook (& Store) Like a Pro – The first 44 adults in IKEA Columbus on Friday, June 9, 2017 will receive a free 365+ 6-piece cookware starter set and a FORTROLIG food container storage set.
• It’s in the Bag! – The next 44 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Columbus on Friday, June 9, 2017 will receive freezer bags filled with five different Swedish meals, complete with beverages and desserts, from the store’s Swedish Food Market.
• A Cold Sweet-ish Treat – The first 100 children (17 & under) in IKEA Columbus on Friday, June 9, 2017 will receive a voucher for a soft-serve frozen yogurt that day at the Exit Bistro.
Wednesday, June 7 – Sunday, June 11, 2017
• Play Big If You’re Little – Balloon artists, entertainment and face-painting will enhance the family-friendly fun at IKEA Columbus from June 7 through June 11, 2017.
You can begin lining up 48 hours in advance! Are you up for it?!
Make sure to follow What Should We Do Today? on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram and never miss a post!