Looking for things to do in Columbus around Thanksgiving? If you have family in town and/or a few days off of work and are looking for something to do, check out this list of 72 events and things to do around Thanksgiving in Columbus!
72 Things to do Thanksgiving Week in Columbus:
If there’s a chance you’ll need to walk off an extra piece of pie (or two) or get bickering family members out of the house….tuck this list away! And have a happy week of thankfulness! (As always, please double check the link for exact details, dates and times!) There will not be an additional What Should We Do This Weekend? post this week. This is the list! 🙂
1. Conservatory Aglow is happening at Franklin Park Conservatory! While you’re there, check out the Gingerbread Competition.
3. Visit LEGOLAND Columbus Discovery Center at Easton Town Center. LEGOLAND is open 365 days a year. Thanksgiving Hours are 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM and the last admission is at 3:00 PM.
4. Get your kid’s photo with Santa at Easton Town Center
5. Christmas at the Castle, a Kingdom of Lights! at Landoll’s Mohican Castle features over 100,000 lights, a Christmas tree, holiday music and visits from Santa! This is a free event! This event happens every night starting Friday!
6. Drive through Butch Bando’s Fantasy of Lights any night through January 1st!
7. Visit the PNC Festival of Lights at Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
8. Drop a letter in Santa’s Mailbox in Pickerington beginning Wednesday.
9. Check out the Thanksgiving Weekend special at Ten Pin Alley. It includes $3 laser tag missions, a family fun pack special, and more. They are open on Thanksgiving and have specials running the rest of the week!
10. For many people this is the week to get their Christmas Tree! You can Choose & Cut Christmas Trees at Young’s Jersey Dairy or pick another farm or tree lot from this list of Christmas Tree Farms in Columbus and Beyond!
11. Friday through Sunday you can take a Holiday Carriage Ride at Easton Town Center!
12. Sign up for a Family Gingerbread House Decorating class at Young Chefs Academy of Gahanna.
13, Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol is playing this Friday, Saturday and Sunday only at Ohio Theatre!
14. Clifton Mill Lights opens the day after Thanksgiving! Gates open at 5:00 every night and the display runs through New Year’s Eve!
15. See the amazing lanterns, watch cultural performances, shop and eat Chinese and traditional fair food at Dragon Lights Columbus at Ohio Expo Center from November 23-January 6, 2019. Nightly from 5:30 PM – 10:00 PM.
16. Ohio History Center is open from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday with special activities with a Space theme including building your own model parachute, special visitors, rockets and more!
18. Drive through the Fairfield County Festival of Lights. This light display goes on Thanksgiving through Christmas!
19. Winterfest opens at Kings Island on November 23 and operates select nights through December 31. . It includes ice skating, holiday characters, millions of lights, holiday shows, carolers, and the park will included 10 winter wonderlands to visit.
A big Thank You to Miss Em’s for sponsoring this post!
Miss Em’s is a local online boutique featuring great jewelry, scarves, teacher gifts, and accessories. All of their items are at a very reasonable price, and with this 40% off coupon prices will start at just $5! Between 11/21/18 and 11/26/18 What Should We Do Today? readers can get 40% off their entire order on MissEms.com by using the coupon code: TurkeyDay
Monday, November 19, 2018:
20. Story Time in the Park is happening at Deer Haven Park.
21. Participate in a Thanksgiving Art Project and Stuff the Turkey Game! at Olde Gahanna Sanctuary
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
22. Have a Mommy & Me breakfast at Sunny Street Café (Polaris) it’s a Thanksgiving Gathering!
23. Have a Pajama Dance Party! at Bexley Public Library
- Related: Two Fun Libraries for Columbus Kids
Wednesday, November 21, 2018:
24. Sign your kids up for the Educational Day Camp at Horse-N-Round Fun. This camp takes place on Wednesday and Friday for ages 6 and up and will go over horse care and riding. Lunch will be provided. Register in advance for this one! There’s also a preschool version.
25. No school on Wednesday? Send your kids ages 5-12 to the School’s Out Program at Sunbury Urban Farm. The theme is Give Thanks. Register in advance.
26. Another option for the kids is the Day Before Thanksgiving Camp at Picassos where lots of Thanksgiving Crafts will be made! Register in advance.
27. Take the kids to SuperGames Winter Open Play! at 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM. Arrive early because the play space is first come, first served! Cost is $10 per child.
28. Do a Sweet Turkeys Craft at Franklin Park Conservatory This class involves a cookie craft and does require preregistration and admission to the Conservatory. Cost is $4/cookie.
29. If the adults need a little time to unwind before the big day, head over to the Thanksgiving Eve Beer Tasting at House Wine in Worthington!
30. Visit the 400 West Rich and Chromedge Studios for Welcome Wednesdays! from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM to get a sneak peek at the work of their resident artists! There will be live demos, tours an more!
31. See everyone’s favorite puddle jumper in Peppa Pig Live! at Palace Theatre.
Thursday, November 22, 2018:
Lots of opportunities for exercise on Thanksgiving Day! Try out one of these:
- 32. Thanks For Giving 4 Miler & Kids Run
- 33. Everyone who enters the Columbus Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day gets a pumpkin pie! There’s also a Tot Trot 100 yard dash! My readers can use this code to get $6 off their registration: whatshouldwedocolumbus
- 34. Thanksgiving Wattle 5K; Children’s Run; Bicycle 12 miler in Grove City
35. Take a trip to Cleveland for Thanksgiving at the Zoo at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
36. Skate your heart out at the 99 Cents Thanksgiving Skate at Skate Zone 71
37. Have the Easiest Thanksgiving Meal ever at Bob Evans.
Friday, November 23, 2018:
Black Friday offers lots of shopping options such as:
- 38. Ohio Made Market: Black Friday Edition at Grove City Brewing Company – the Black Friday Market features local makers with gift items for everyone on your list! Free parking and admission.
- 39. Zassy’s Black Friday Shopping Event! – check out the newly renovated Zassy’s Tap Room and shop from over 30 vendors. There will be raffles, food and drink, and more! (No children after 8:00 PM.)
- 40. The Holiday Market at Canal Market District takes place on Friday and will local vendors, food trucks, holiday treats, and more. Afterwards stick around for the lighting of the Licking County Courthouse!
- 41. Black Friday at Ivory Barn – shop from Ohio vendors for holiday decor, gifts and more! This market goes on Friday, Saturday and Sunday!
- Related: Tried and True Gift Ideas for Young Boys
42. At the Black Friday Open Gym at Gym Skills kids can get their energy out at this open gym time that includes lots of opportunities for jumping, swinging, balancing and more!
43. Head to Newark for Holiday Homecoming 2017 at The Works: Ohio Center for History, Art & Technology on Friday to learn about the heritage of the community! Design your own holiday card, build an ornament and more!
44. Drop your kids off at the Board Game Youth Camp at Creative Art Bar Hilliard and they can play games and do crafts including creating their own checker board set! Ages 7 and up. RSVP required.
45. Take a trip to Urbana for the Holiday Horse Parade, a lighted horse parade! Santa will arrive, there will be street carolers, a tree lighting ceremony and more!
46. Take the kids to SuperGames Winter Open Play! at 6:00 PM. Arrive early because the play space is first come, first served! Cost is $10 per child.
47. Drop the kids off at Creative Art Bar Hilliard for an evening of crafting, pizza and other activities while you go shopping or have a date night! RSVP required.
48. Glass Axis is hosting a School’s Out Open House from 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM where there will be glass art projects for kids of all ages! There will be free glassblowing demos and 3 art projects for kids to choose from based on age!
49. You can drop your kids off at Young Chefs Academy Gahanna for Kids Night Out! There will be hands on cooking workshops and Chef Wars!
Saturday, November 24, 2018
Small Business Saturday is a great way to shop local this year! Several special events are going on including:
- 50. Small Business Saturday in Uptown Marysville
- 51. Short North Arts District Small Business Weekend
- 52. Fall Holiday Farm Store at Red Twig Farms
- 53. Small Business Saturday at Natterdoodle
- 54. Scott Antique Markets at Ohio Expo Center & State Fair
- 55. 2018 Opening Day! at Needle & Pine Tree Farm ADD THIS TO MY TREE LIST
- 56. Small Business Saturday with Never Grow Up Boutique
- 57. The Columbus Idea Foundry takes over Easton Town Center with a Maker Market from 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM! This pop up market will offer handmade goods, art, Make and Take opportunities, wood working demos and more!
- 58. Small Business Saturday! at 400 West Rich
- 59. New this year is Christmas at the Market at Lynd Fruit Farm! This includes hayrides to pick out your Christmas Tree, a life-sized snow globe, and s’mores!
60. Anyone ages 7 and up can take a Fall Bird Walk at Shale Hollow Park to watch for birds. Binoculars will be available.
61. At the Holiday Open House at Hoover Gardens & Gift Center on Saturday and Sunday, you can pick out your Christmas tree while you enjoy refreshments, a visit from The Grinch, hot cider and a festive atmosphere!
62. Play classic board games at Gallant Farm Park!
63. Game Days at HOMAGE Easton Town Center and HOMAGE Short North includes free donuts from Buckeye Donuts, coffee and special deals on Saturday mornings for each Buckeye game this season!
64. Work off that extra piece of pumpkin pie at Squats & Tots Saturday Classes! at piccadilly
65. Take your preschoolers to a Storytime at Grange Insurance Audubon Center.
Sunday, November 25, 2018
66. The Holiday Open House at Hoover Gardens & Gift Center includes hot apple cider, cookies and the Grinch! You can pick out a Christmas tree here, too!
67. Olde Worthington Holiday Open House is on Sunday from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM and it includes an iceless ice skating rink, horse drawn carriage rides, live music and a visit from Santa! The evening ends with the tree lighting ceremony on the Village Green!
69. Have a fun experience with the whole family at Family Fun Day – Get $3 Off on Sunday Bookings at The Escape Room USA in Columbus!
70. For a $25 donation to Stop the Suffering you can have your picture taken with Santa at HTH Farm Market! Families and pets are welcome. There will also be a Bake Sale for $10 for a box of baked goods!
71. There’s another chance for Pet Pics with Santa at Polaris Fashion Place today from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM on the lower level.
72. The Kids Christmas Party at Clay Street Ceramics will include painting ornaments, decorating cookies and working on Christmas crafts. There will be a special visit from Santa between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM. $15/child.
Want to sponsor What Should We Do This Weekend? Click here.
Use the share buttons to share this post with your friends!
*Please be aware, information is gathered from multiple community sources. Times, dates and locations are subject to change. There may be a fee to participate in a featured activity. Please call ahead or check links to confirm activities. Enjoy what you do today!*
Save this post on Pinterest!