These 12 Columbus Parks and Playgrounds will keep your kids from being bored this summer in Columbus!
Change up your playground routine by picking one of these fun parks and playgrounds around the Columbus area! Most of these playgrounds have areas for various ages and stages. We have enjoyed exploring all of these playgrounds! Feel free to share any of your favorites in the comments below!
12 Columbus Parks to Try this Summer:
1. Friendship Park, Gahanna
- 150 Oklahoma Ave., Gahanna, OH 43230
This park has a play area for younger kids and older kids, and the Gahanna Story Trail, where a story is on display for reading as you follow a path through the woods. Restrooms are available on site.
2. Carriage Place Park, Columbus
- 4900 Sawmill Rd., Columbus, OH 43235
This park is part of the Carriage Place Community Recreation Center and has a play area for older kids and younger kids. There is also a path around the park for walking, jogging, etc. Restrooms are available inside the Rec Center.
3. Fancyburg Park, Upper Arlington
- 3375 Kioka Avenue, Upper Arlington, OH 43221
This park has play areas for all ages, including toddlers. There is a shelter house with restrooms close to the playground. This park is also shady, which is nice! This is the site of several festivals in Upper Arlington throughout the year!
4. Planet Westerville Playground, Westerville
- 362 Huber Village Blvd., Westerville, OH 43081
This playground is part of the larger Huber Village Park and has a lot of opportunity for climbing and sliding for all ages! This park is fenced in, which is really nice. There is a restroom nearby and a shelter with picnic tables.
- Make sure to check out 5 Super Fun Playgrounds in Westerville
5. Whetstone Park, Clintonville
- 3923 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43214
The park pictured here is not the park next to the Whetstone Community Recreation Center, though there is a playground there as well! This play area is further into the park, past the Park of Roses. There is a super high slide here for your daredevils and a metal fire engine for climbing on.
There are port-a-potties near the park, but to get to an indoor restroom you’ll need to go back to the Rec Center or Library which is close by, but not within walking distance. There are picnic tables here and a pond nearby.
6. Wyman Woods, Grandview Heights
- 1016 Grandview Ave., Grandview Heights, OH 43212
This park just opened a few years ago and offers a lot of space for rock climbing! This park isn’t the best for toddlers (it’s recommended for ages 5-12), but there are some toddler swings and a small tunnel slide.
Seasonal restrooms are available at the shelter house and there are sand volleyball courts on site. Several picnic tables are also available. Another bonus here: free Wifi!
7. Scioto Audubon Metro Park, Columbus
- 400 W. Whittier St., Columbus, OH 43215
This playground is part of the Scioto Audubon Metro Park. There is a play area for older and younger kids and a mister for really hot days! There are several picnic tables with umbrellas overhead. The closest restrooms are at the nature center, which is a bit of a walk from the playground.
- You may also like 9 Central Ohio Metro Park Playgrounds
- Need more ideas? Check out Over 100 Fun Things to do in Columbus, Ohio
8. Rocky Fork Metro Park, Westerville
- 7180 Walnut St, Westerville, OH 43081
This metro park opened in 2015 and the playground here is simple, but unique. It’s mainly a slide and a wooden bridge, but it was fun for my kids to run around on. There is also a rope climbing area.
If you visit this park, make sure to check out the large shelter area nearby where there are big wooden chairs for sitting and watching for wildlife! Restrooms are right by the playground.
9. Henceroth Park, Grove City
- 2075 Mallow Lane, Grove City, OH 43123
This park is a great park for younger kids, though there is a play structure for older kids as well. There is a train, boat, and jeep for climbing and driving. There’s also a butterfly garden and a wooded path for walking.
No restrooms on site. (Someone please visit this one just to make it worth all the times I had to stop auto correct from making this Henceforth Park!) 😉
- Also check out: 5 Super Fun Playgrounds in Grove City
10. Wickliffe Playground (Castle Park), Upper Arlington
- 2405 Wickliffe Rd, Upper Arlington, Ohio 43221
Here’s a unique park to check out this summer! This park is the playground for Wickliffe Progressive School and is only available during non-school hours.
This park made up of a large, wooden structure also known as the Castle Park, and my kids love running around in here! There are also swings and, on the other side of the school, another play area set up like a little town. Restrooms are not available.
- Make sure to check out: 5 Super Fun Playgrounds in Upper Arlington
11. Blendon Woods Metro Park, Westerville
- 4265 E. Dublin-Granville Road Westerville, OH 43081
This playground at Blendon Woods Metro Park is on the west side of the park near the Natural Play Area. My kids loved the tunnels to climb through. While you’re at the park, be sure to check out the Nature Center, too!
There are restrooms at several locations in the Metro Park. You can also read about more things to do in the park in Exploring Blendon Woods Metro Park!
12. Westgate Park, Columbus
- 455 S. Westgate Ave. Columbus, OH 43204
This fun playground is part of the Westgate Community Recreation Center. There are two playgrounds here, a pond, two murals and a small shelter with picnic tables. Restrooms are available in the Rec Center.
This is also the location for the large letters A, B, C that were moved to the park from Westland Mall.
- While you’re in the area check out the The Unofficial West Side Ice Cream Trail!
If that’s not enough for you, I’ve also got more parks listed in these posts: 6 Columbus Area Parks for Toddlers and Coffee + Park: 3 Parks Within Walking Distance of a Coffee Shop. Happy park hopping! 🙂
More Parks to Visit in Columbus:
Share this post with your friends!
Save this post on Pinterest!