Looking for something fun to do this weekend in Columbus? Try out one of these family-friendly Columbus and Ohio–based events and activities!
Check out these blog posts to plan your Summer Fun in Columbus!
- Your Essential Guide to Summer in Columbus, Ohio
- Free Fountains and Splash Pads in Columbus, Ohio
- Farmers Markets in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Summer Nights: Movies, Concerts and More for Every Night of the Week
- Outdoor and Drive-In Movie Experiences in Columbus
- 35 Free Things to do with Your Kids in Columbus This Summer
1. 2022 Dublin Irish Festival At Coffman Park
This weekend August 5th through 7th visit Coffman Park for the Dublin Irish Festival! All of the great fun you expect at a festival with an Irish flair! Music, dancing, concessions, shopping and of course fun for the wee folk! Visit the link for tickets, times and pricing of this great annual event!
Related: 5 Super Fun Playgrounds in Dublin, Ohio
2. Our Lady Of Perpetual Help Community Festival In Grove City
Friday August 5th and Saturday August 6th visit Our Lady Of Perpetual Help Church for their annual community festival! Rides, games, concessions and music are all here at this local festival! See link for tickets, times and pricing.
3. Bring Joy to Senior Neighbors Experiencing Loneliness with Seeds of Caring
Join Seeds of Caring in bringing joy to seniors experiencing loneliness by making snack bags! Kids will explore what it means to be lonely and learn the importance of intergenerational relationships. Then helping hands will pack snack bags and decorate cheer cards for the Clintonville/Beechwold Community Resources Center (CRC) senior clients. This Anywhere Project runs through 9/11!
4. Play And Learn At Miller Park Library
Friday August 5th at 10am visit Miller Park Library for a fun interactive, play based hour. This is an engaging and entertaining experience for kids ages 2-5 years.
5. Insect Investigators At Blendon Woods Metro Park
Friday August 5th at 11am visit Blendon Woods Metro Park for an hour of learning and searching for insects out in the wild!
6. Lunch Time Live! At Weaver Park
Friday August 5th at 11:30am visit Weaver Park for a lunchtime concert! Feel free to pack your own picnic or dine at the food truck that will be available.
7. Lunchside Chat: Wiggly Worms At Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park
Friday August 5th at Noon visit Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park for an engaging hour of meeting some of our favorite wiggly worms and learn about how they impact our ecosystem.
8. Family Tech Fair At Tremont Library
This Friday August 5th at 3pm visit Tremont library and discover some of the coolest tech that the library has to offer! You can even keep the creations you make!
9. Free Concert Featuring The Navigators At Columbus Commons
Friday August 5th at 5:30pm head over to the Bicentennial Pavilion at The Columbus Commons for a live performance by The Navigators. Pack your snacks and picnic blanket for this fun filled evening!
10. Summer Movie Series At Northwest Worthington Library
Friday August 5th at 8:30pm visit the Northwest Worthington Library backyard for a movie under the stars. The movie being featured this week will be Luca.
11. Discovery District Outdoor Summer Movie Series At Columbus Museum Of Art
Friday August 5th at 9pm visit Columbus Museum Of Art for a showing of Black Panther. Bring a chair or blanket and enjoy the movie!
12. Cheer On Pelotonia 2022
Starting on Saturday August 6th Pelotonia will begin their ride through and around Columbus. See the link for a list of times and locations the race will pass through.
13. Bubble RUN-Columbus 2022 At Franklin County Fairgrounds
Saturday August 6th at 8am run the Bubble RUN 5k and have fun running through giant bubble bogs! This event is for all ages and fun for the whole family! See link for registration and details.
14. Market Day At The Westgate Farmers Market
Saturday August 6th at 9am visit the Westgate Farmers Market and enjoy all of the summer fresh seasonal produce, along with many other artisan goods!
Related: The Unofficial West Side Ice Cream Trail
15. BioBlitz At Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park
Saturday August 6th at 10am visit Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park for a morning filled with all of nature’s living splendor! On this quest you will join a naturalist to find as many living things as possible.
16. Barbie Truck Malibu Tour At Easton
Saturday August 6th starting at 10am visit Easton to see Barbie and her throwback truck! At this exclusive event there will be 70’s style merchandise to purchase too!
17. Celebrate Summer Reading At The Wigwam
Saturday August 6th at 10:30am visit The Wigwam for a free community event hosted by Pickerington Public Library to celebrate reading. Live music, a petting zoo, magic show, food trucks and more will all be here to celebrate the end of Summer Reading.
18. Gotta Find ‘Em All At Blendon Woods Metro Park
Saturday August 6th at 2pm visit Blendon Woods Metro park for an afternoon of finding creatures, with a Pokemon twist! A special surprise group of insects will be presented at this event as this is the final installment of this series.
19. Family And Friends Fun Event At Brush Crazy
Saturday August 6th at 3pm visit Brush Crazy with your family and friends for an afternoon of being creative together! Choose from an assortment of materials to paint to create a one of a kind piece of art! Feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks to the class.
20. Ohio Ice Cream: A Scoop Of History With Renee Casteel Cook At CRMD
Saturday August 6th starting at 5pm visit CRMD in the Short North for an evening of ice cream and learning a bit about the history of ice cream with author Renee Casteel Cook as she shares her latest book Ohio Ice Cream: A Scoop Of History.
21. The Hartford Fair: The Biggest Little Fair In The World
This Sunday August 7th kicks off the Hartford Fair. Agriculture galore, concessions, rides and games are all here at the biggest little fair in the world. See link for details on times, tickets and special events each day.
22. CAPA Summer Movie Series Presents: The Goonies
Sunday August 7th at 2pm head over to the Ohio Theatre for an afternoon to enjoy a showing of the 1985 classic The Goonies! See link for ticket prices and details.
23. Fire! At Blendon Woods Metro Park
Sunday August 7th at 2pm visit Blendon Woods for an afternoon of learning how to start a fire with just flint and steel. This event is recommended for ages 8 and up.
24. Sprout’s Night Out At Hilliard’s Station Park
Sunday August 7th at 4pm visit Hilliard’s Station Park for an evening of music, dancing and activities for kids! This week will be a luau theme!
25. Paint Party During The OTE Art Walk
Sunday August 7th at 5pm head over to Olde Towne East for an evening of art! Join a paint party inside the historic Mansion 731, supplies and refreshments will be provided. See link for details regarding tickets and pricing for this event.
Share this post with your friends!
*Please be aware, information is gathered from multiple community sources. Times, dates and locations are subject to change. There may be a fee to participate in a featured activity. Please call ahead or check links to confirm activities. Inclusion of an event on this list is not considered an endorsement. Please use your best judgement when attending public events and consult your doctor if you have questions regarding the safety level of a public event. Read my disclaimer here. Enjoy what you do today!*