These splash pads in Columbus and Central Ohio are easy ways to cool off in the summer and a safer alternative for young kids who don’t yet know how to swim!
All of these splash pads are free to enter and most are open Memorial Day through Labor Day. It’s always a good idea to check the link for dates and hours of operation! You may want to read: 25 Things to Pack for a Successful Trip to the Splash Pad before you go!
Explore one of these free splash pads in Columbus and Central Ohio:
1. Bicentennial Park – Closed in 2023
- 233 S. Civic Center Dr., Columbus, OH 43215
- These fountains are CLOSED for renovation in 2023!
- 311 W. Long St., Columbus, OH 43215
- Opens around Memorial Day
- The splash pad is behind the pavilion at the end of Neil Ave.
- 4021 Main St., Hilliard, OH 43026
- Unless there is a special event, fountains are on from 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM, May – October 1
- Opens May 11, 2023!
- 160 Easton Square Pl, Columbus, OH 43219
- Hours may vary for the fountains at Easton. Generally speaking they are on during open hours.
- 3600 Discovery Dr., Grove City, OH 43123
- This splash pad is closed when the Grove City YMCA is closed.
- This splash pad is in the super fun Fryer Park. (Fryer Park will be under construction in 2022.)
- Related: 6 Columbus Area Parks for Toddlers and 5 Super Fun Playgrounds in Grove City
- 6350 Woerner Temple Rd., Dublin, OH 43016
- 2023 season dates: Saturday, May 27 – September 4
- Fountains operate from 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM daily
- Read more: 5 Super Fun Playgrounds in Dublin, Ohio and 25 of the Best Things to do in Dublin, Ohio
- 47 Hall St., Powell, OH 43065
- Fountains are open daily from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM (weather permitting)
8. Hanby Park
- 115 E Park St., Westerville, OH 43081
- The splash pad is in Hanby Park which includes a playground and is directly behind the Westerville Public Library!
- Related: Playdate in Uptown Westerville and 5 Super Fun Playgrounds in Westerville
- 1500 Polaris Pkwy., Columbus, OH 43240
- Fountains are outside in The Yard area near The Cheesecake Factory
10. Partners Park
- 125 E 6th St., Marysville, OH 43040
- Splash pad operates from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM daily.
- This park has a picnic area and public restrooms.
- 1121 South Houk Rd., Delaware, OH 43015
- This splash pad has a dinosaur theme and is part of a really cool dinosaur themed playground!
- See more pictures of the park plus more fun things to do in Delaware here: Exploring Delaware with Your Kids
- 50 South Belle St., Columbus, Ohio 43215
- This park is outside COSI and includes a playground and public restrooms.
- Summer of 2023: FREE Dorrian Days will take place Tuesdays from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. | June 13 – Aug. 15. This is a free family event featuring inflatables, performances, food trucks, science experiments and more.
- Related: Top 10 Things to do with Kids in Columbus Ohio
13. Obetz Splash Pad
- 4390 Lancaster Ave., Obetz, OH 43207
- Splash pad is open Memorial Day through Labor Day, Monday – Sunday, 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- This splash pad is free for residents and non-residents.
- The Splash Pad is intended to be used by individuals 12 years and under
- 148 Parkland Dr., Gahanna, OH 43230
- The splash pad at Gahanna Swimming Pool is open daily May – October, weather permitting. During the pool season, the Splash Pad is open from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. for free use by the community.
- During pool open hours, visitors must access the splash pad through the GSP entry gate and pay regular admission or hold a pool membership.
Need more ideas? Check out this list of over 100 fun things to do in Columbus!
Share this post with your friends!
Save this post on Pinterest!
You might also enjoy: Kids Eat Free or Cheap in Columbus and Central Ohio